Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Learning to be sincere


Love must be sincere. I read this verse in Romans 12 and wondered what it would be like for the world, but mostly myself and the people around me to have a love that was sincere. How can we learn to be sincere to the people that we meet in the grocery store or to our biggest enemies. I am trying to learn how to reach out to people with a love that is sincere and true. There are many different versions to this verse: 1. "Let love be without hypocrisy, cling to what is good." 2. "Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply;" 3. "Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good."

I truly and deeply want to learn what it means to LOVE others in such a sincere way. It is a command from the Lord... that love must be sincere. How can I show love in a sincere way today?

No comments: